As a teenager I had a considerable vinyl collection which has been depleted over time by trade-offs for books etc... with friends, lovers & other strangers. However, I still have a decent 33 LP collection that I am transferring to mp3 format with this gizmo:
Ion USB Turntable
Product Features & Specifications
- Professional quality turntable connects to your PC via USB
- Classic styling with included smoked plastic dust cover
- Rip your vinyl directly to MP3 or WAV format
- Easily move your recordings to iPod or burn them to CD (Free iTunes software download required)
- Ships with Audacity software (compatible with PC and Mac) for removing clicks, pops, and other undesirable characteristics of vinyl
- Audacity supports high-speed recording, then returns music to original playback speed
- Audacity software includes ability to export to WAV and MP3
- 33.33 and 45 RPM playback speeds
- Supports the recording of 78 RPM records through the included software
- RCA line outputs with built-in pre-amp allow direct connection to your existing audio system.
- Plug and Play USB compatibility with both Windows (XP, 2000, Vista) and Mac OS X
- Packaged with all necessary cables to interconnect with both a computer and stereo playback system
So I will be incorporating in my blog a series of posts high-lighting these albums and some of the tracks on them.